Re-define your kitchen backsplash and your entire home using colorful tiles
Owning a house and building it the way you want and decorating it makes you feel house proud, isn’t it? A well decorated house gives you great joy and along with it comes a lot of responsibility too. It is nice to have a cozy, gorgeous and colorful home for you to relax. A house is just not a piece of real estate, but it is the result of your hard earned money through blood and sweat, a roof above your head and of all the things it gives you the sense of security. That is why everyone is attached to the house that they buy. Most people do not mind investing in their house even if they have to pay through their nose while refurbishing it. However, it is our own home, so we do not mind doing it and we are going to live there for a lifetime probably.
Did you ever wonder what adds that extra beauty to the house environment? It is the tiles in your kitchen, bathrooms and every other place that you choose to use them. So give more attention to detail while choosing the tiles. If you choose the right tiles while constructing or refurbishing your home, it will add value to your house and increase its value in the real estate market. Moreover, a home is all about memories and not just a concrete structure that you live in. Every customer we have met so far at Belk Tile is pretty emotional and very attached to their house. We completely understand the sentiment you have for your property and thoroughly respect it.
While choosing tiles for your home you should pay attention to the shape and the size of the space you want to use the tiles in. To make the right decision, you need to spend some time studying the room and also use your imagination to vision the room in different colored tiles. To help you with your imagination and creativity we have a wide variety of tiles and colors on our website at https://www.belktile.com/shop-by-color/.
Here are some pointers that you can use while choosing the backsplash tiles for your house.
Color of the backsplash tiles:
- Consider the space in the kitchen or the room that you are going to use the tiles in. Colors behave in a strange way and each one exudes its own character. For example, light colors make rooms look spacious, feel airy and also brighter. Dark colors make the room look small, cozy and dimly lit. So, how you want the room to look depends on your choice of the color of the tiles.
- While choosing and working with darker hues, remember that these tiles typically look good for guest bedrooms and rooms that need to look cozy and dark. Sometimes, they also suit large kitchens and hallways. While choosing dark colors, you can also do a mix and match with light colors here and there. There are plethora of options that you can experiment with before making your final decision.
- While choosing lighter hues and colors choose a combination of colors. Because if you use the same color throughout then it might get boring over a period of time. Use some variations and play with shades to give it a rich look. You can also consider using dark contrasting colors. We have plenty of them in our store at Belk Tile, and you can visit our online store any time to select from a huge variety of tiles. You can also use the color palette or the color wheel for different combinations at back splash.
The backsplash tile materials
- Texture of the tiles also plays a very important role in the aesthetics of the home. You can play with different textures from rough to ultra smooth and also a combination of tiles. Ceramic tiles are good for the walls in the kitchen and the bathrooms while plastic tiles look nice on the garden walls, and swimming pool walls. At Belk Tile, we have a wide range of tiles with various designs ingrained in them and also a wide variety of textures. You can choose something with design or no designs at all. Many people like to stick to plain colors and use their creativity and create designs with colors. No, we are not talking about interior decorators but these are just regular people like you.
- You want to experiment with the textures and colors, but you do not know where to get the ideas from? Do not worry about this because you have several options, one is that you can leave it to us and Belk Tile will take care of it for you. Or, you can take our expert’s advice on this. If you are not convinced, browse the internet because it is bursting with ideas. There are several websites that have pictures and DIY projects posted on them by top interior designers and architects. So there is no dearth of ideas for you anywhere you go.
- There are a couple of options while choosing the tile patterns for your house. There are some tiles that have inbuilt patterns that are specifically designed for kitchens, bathrooms and various other places like gardens and pool sides for example. With backsplash you can explore thousands of patterns and choose from a wide range of them for your home. There are plenty of colors and combinations as well. We suggest that do not choose something on a whim because you may regret it later. Take a sample along with you and envision the room in those tiles and imagine how it is going to look. Play with a lot of imagination and creativity to arrive at the right combination. Actually it is a very interesting thing to do because it keeps you occupied and you are also happy and satisfied at the end result.
- Small patterns give a busy look to the entire room, so you would definitely want it in the bedroom. Large tiles may look ugly or too bold but they do suit some places. Medium sized tiles are safe to stick with but they limit creativity and combinations. Tiny tiles are difficult to manage. Now, one can find many reasons for not doing something, however all of these tiles can be used in a very creative way.
- The size of tiles plays a large role in the overall look and finish on the wall. Do not have slippery tiles on the floor if you have children and old people at home. You need to consider the choice of tiles from all angles, like safety, aesthetics and budget as well. The cost of tiles ranges from one end of the price spectrum to the other. Some can cost a few hundred dollars. You may wonder why the tiles are so expensive. This is because these tiles are branded and made by top tile companies. So having a realistic budget always helps.
Tiles and their patterns are very interesting. If you are wondering where to use the tiles in your house, we will give you more ideas: Your kitchen for sure, bathrooms, garden walkways, swimming pools and terrace perhaps. These are the standard places where you would use tiles. However, we have more ideas for you; you can use tiles from the ceiling to the floor scaling the height of the wall. You just need to highlight a thin strip of the wall in the room and it gives that awesome designer look.
Our backsplash tiles are of high quality and are made with premium materials. They are long-lasting and also easy to maintain. However, the mason who is working with the tiles should also do a good job in terms of grouting and filling. While budgeting for tiles, check for their prices online first. Several times, tiles are available at a much cheaper price online. There are many deals that you can explore at Belk Tile. We know that you will not be disappointed. So make use of these deals and save more money on the raw material like tiles.
Another suggestion is, before doing the finishing, ask the mason to finish one patch of the wall first. See if you like it because the rest of the wall is going to look like that. If you do not like it, you can return the consignment and can start your shopping odyssey with us all over again.
Choose your backsplash tiles from our online catalog today. Our catalog will give you the most realistic shades that it is as good as the touch and feel in our show room. The tiles exactly look the same as in the photograph when you receive them. Also, we guarantee replacement of breakages and damages without a fuss. All you need to do us contact our customer support center and we will take care of the rest at Belk Tile.
Get in touch with BELK Tile for all your backsplash tile needs. We are here to ensure your kitchen and other areas of your home that require backsplash tiles get them without eating into your budget.